L.I.F.E. is a Not for Profit Agency dedicated to helping Adults with “special needs” lead dignified, healthy and fulfilling lives in the community.
Since 1983 L.I.F.E. has been serving individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ID) along with other disabilities in residential, vocation and medical day settings throughout greater Baltimore, Howard County, and since 2015 in Southern Maryland to include Charles and St. Mary Counties.
We are committed to promoting self-centered practices throughout our agency and hold on to the belief that all individuals receiving services should be the driver of those services.
We believe that collaborations and partnerships are crucial components to service delivery systems.
- L.I.F.E. Inc is a 501(c) (3) and serves mainly adults and some children under our partnerships with the Department of Rehabilitative Services (DORS)
- The organization currently serve over 200 individuals across residential, vocation and medical day
- L.I.F.E. has locations in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Charles County, Howard County and St. Mary County, Maryland.
- L.I.F.E. provides jobs to over 200 employees
Message from Executive Director- Haywood W. Evans
I welcome and thank you for visiting Living in a Free Environment (L.I.F.E.) website. If you are seeking information about us, we hope you find our site to be user friendly and informative. If inquiring about services for yourself, family member or friend, feel free to contact one of our Directors or me.
We at L.I.F.E., provide the following services in Baltimore, Howard and Charles Counties, MD, and Baltimore City.
- Community Living (former name Residential)
- Employment Services
- Adult Medical Day
- Personal Supports
- Individualized Support Services
- Family and Community Supports
L.I.F.E. is licensed by the Office of Healthcare Quality (OHCQ).