Adult Medical Day Program
A Program Where L.I.F.E. Begins
Information/Overview of AMDC
The L.I.F.E. Inc. Adult Medical Day Program opened its doors on February 12, 2007. We are currently located at 4805 Benson Ave in Arbutus, MD. We service and provide supports to participants 18 and older who have a variety of disabilities, memory impairment and neurological disorders. Our program is designed to meet the evolving social, physical, cognitive, nursing, and nutritional needs of the participants we support. Our days and hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8 am–4:30 pm. We are licensed by the Office of Health Care Quality with oversite by the MD Department of Health and Long-Term Care.
- Transportation – to & from the Center as well as to medical appointments that occur during the morning hours of operation.
- Breakfast and Lunch following the state of MD Food guidelines for CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program).
- A variety of indoor, community based and outside entertainment and recreational activities.
- Wheelchair & Equipment Repair Services can be scheduled and completed on-site.
AMDC Staffing Supports
- FT Registered Nurse and LPN designated to meet medical and medication monitoring needs of our Participants as well as conducting required assessments and care plans. Nursing also develops on-going relationships with participants’ physicians to ensure a holistic, comprehensive medical approach is ensured.
- AMDC Director ensures compliance of all funding, licensing requirements and State and Government regulations from entities such as: OHCQ, CACFP, Maryland Department of Health. Ensures adequate training of AMDC staff & overall high standards of safety, quality care and operations of the center.
- A Program Coordinator oversees the daily functioning of the program operations, intake process, communications with Service Coordinators, families/care givers, community living services and other involved multidisciplinary team members.
- An Activities Coordinator develops a robust variety of activities, outings, and events each month to keep our individuals engaged, entertained and active. This includes community-based outings such as parks and Top Golf, birthday celebrations, arts & crafts, Magic Shows, DJ/Dance parties, Karaoke, and movement classes.
- Program Assistants to meet daily social engagement, feeding and daily living skills needs. A Dietary specialist assists with all meal prep.
- Contracted PT/OT and speech therapy onsite at AMDC
- Contracted Registered Dietician
- Contracted Licensed Social Worker
- Maryland Medicaid
- Private Payment
- Private Insurance
Contact Information for Inquiries, additional information and to schedule a tour.
Veronica Johnson, AMDC Director
Catchment areas: Baltimore City & Baltimore County (Howard County & Northern Anne Arundel upon consideration)